I ♥ Hello Kitty! If you want to see how to make your very own Hello Kitty ring, then follow the easy step-by-step directions to make one for yourself or as a gift! This was all made by me, by hand…
Items you will need:
- Oven-Bake Sculpting Clay; Sculpey® brand you can buy this at Wal-Mart for around $8.00 and make, like a million rings with it.
- Sculpting tools; comes with clay
- Acrylic paint in white, black, and glitter pink
- Small tipped paint brush
- Glass baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Roll white clay in hand until a soft ball. The amount depends on the size head you would prefer. My clay was the diameter of a quarter.
- Smash the ball onto the glass baking dish until it’s flat.
- Begin shaping into the general shape of he “kitty” head. This does not have to be perfect.
- Using the sculpting knife, cut out the ears and begin cutting out the stray edges.
- Using your fingers, begin perfecting the details of the head. Smooth edges and cut away excess with knife.
- Roll a small piece of red clay. With the same technique as before, begin molding, shaping, and perfecting the bow.
- Attach bow to “kitty” head by gently tapping with a little pressure. Carve out the bow details with sculpting tool.
- Roll a small piece of black clay. Mold and shape eyes and nose.
- Carefully check eye placement. If the eyes aren’t placed properly, it won’t look like “Hello Kitty”. Don’t worry about the white nose center. We will paint that in.
- Tap eyes and nose into place
- Begin forming the ring. smooth out a thick piece of clay (color of your choice) and then wrap the piece around the finger you would like to wear the ring on. Cut off excess.
- The thick portion will be attached to the back of the ring. Check the position to ensure the ring sits straight on your finger. Then, with sculpting tool, press the clay into the head. Make sure not to penetrate all the way through.
- Bake the ring on Parchment paper and on a glass Pyrex dish for 20 minutes at 150℉ or lowest setting on your oven. DO NOT MICROWAVE! Bad things will happen- including a smell that won’t ever go away.
- Take the ring out of the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before touching. The clay is very fragile at this point. Allowing proper cooling time is crucial.
- Dust away any particles leftover on the ring
- Paint center of nose, as well as glitter on the bow. This is optional.
- Paint border of the bow in black and whiskers.
Congratulations! You’re Done!!!! Enjoy your very own “Hello Kitty” custom made ring! Bye everybody!!!!! Thanks for viewing, commenting, and subscribing if you have. Kisses XOX