A new addition to the ever expanding collection here at Casa de Uhapi is the Becca Lowlight/Highlight Perfecting Palette. If you read my last review on the Laura Mercier Contour Palette, you’ll know I had words with the highlighter in the palette. How does this palette compare? Stay tuned…
Right out of the box I thought this palette was very aesthetically pleasing. The high quality packaging is similar to Hourglass with the reflective, dark chocolate compact. Size wise, it’s roughly a 3 inch by 3 inch square with 6.5 grams of lowlight and 3.5 grams of highlight.
The “Lowlight” shade or contour shade is the perfect ashy grey/brown that makes for a natural looking shadow. It’s a matte cream consistency that takes a little warmth to get it going. After a few seconds, the cream becomes emollient and easy to work with. Pigmentation is semi-opaque but buildable.
The Highlight shade is somewhat similar in color to Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in an Opal/Topaz mix. A truly beautiful, iridescent champagne gold that catches the light for a healthy glow. The consistency is the same as the contour, needing a few seconds of warmth to get it soft and workable. Becca is known for their highlighters and this one doesn’t disappoint, but still not as good as the original BSSP.
I really enjoy the quality of both products. With a little work, both are extremely beautiful on the skin. This is best for light skin with both yellow or pink undertones. The contour shade looks like it has a little shimmer in my picture, but that’s just from me playing with the products and cross-contaminating.
Overall, this a lovely product. Unfortunately, this palette only comes in these shades designated for the lightest skin tones, at least until Becca adds more colors to the line. Also, some people might initially be disappointed with the consistency, not realizing it does take a little extra work to soften. For $42 (or $21 a shade), I would agree it is an expensive price tag on a product that takes time and patience, but sometime patience brings out the best in things.
If you already own the Becca SSP in opal, pearl, or topaz – stick with that product for now. You can’t get better highlighters anywhere.
Thank you so much for reading my Becca Lowlight/Highlight Perfecting Palette Review! If you haven’t already, please subscribe! It’s easy, free, and you might find a HG product you love. See you soon!
1. I received the nicest comment today. Thank you Jennifer for the lovely words and boost of confidence! This is for you.
2. If anyone is familiar with Marlena (from Makeup Geek), she posted a video today regarding “New Year, New You”. If you have weight issues like I do, it’s worth a watch. Here is the link.
3. I recently tried the new Kate Moss Rimmel Show Off Lip Velvet and didn’t like it at all! I bought the shade Atomic Rose which is a nude/pink. No.
4. My new favorite eye product is the Milani Shadow Eyez 12hr Eyeshadow in the shade 02 Brown Deluxe. Wow! It last all day, doesn’t crease, and is an extremely sultry shade. Add a transition shade in the crease and you’ve got a beautiful look.
5. We had a great Christmas holiday and New Year. Ate lots of cajun foods like fried turkey and pork roast. Well, I didn’t eat that but I made a darn mac & cheese and plenty of desserts. How was your holiday? Let me know in the comments!