Clinique is one of those brands that is known for good quality cosmetics at an affordable price. They make a presence in most women’s makeup drawer. I can remember playing with Clinique in my Mother’s makeup draw as a kid. Mascara and cream eyeshadows were a staple in her morning repertoire.
With my 20% off coupon, I thought I’d give the Clinique Lash Power mascara a try since the Almay 3-in-1 was reaching its expiration date.
The size is significantly smaller than regular Revlon drugstore mascara but also significantly larger than the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. For $16.50 it has .21 oz or 6 ml of product.
The perk of the mascara is the wand. Working on clients is a breeze due to the small, thin bristles that grasps the lashes with ease.
This is my lashes without any product. I’ve altered the resolution so you can see my lashes clearly. Please excuse my stray brow hairs… 🙂
This is after one coat…
The issues began with wear. The packaging boasts “long-wearing formula” but only after a few minutes I began to get flakes. Also, Clinique claimed that the mascara requires warm water to remove. In reality, it took next to nothing to get chunks (or mascara tubes) flying off everywhere. Mess, mess, messy business. With just a little water black was streaming down my face. Definitely not a wedding friendly formula.
This mascara is awful and will be returned promptly to Sephora. I was so disappointed after hearing such positive reviews. For a makeup artist, this would be a hindrance, not staple, in my makeup kit. This mascara is a quick way to get a bad reputation in the makeup industry. Harsh words for a bad product.
1. I started using my Dove shampoo & conditioner samples from the Walmart Beauty Box. I’ll keep you updated on my thoughts via my Facebook page.
2. Thanks for reading my Clinique Lash Power Mascara Review. This was the first Clinique product I’ve ever detested.
3. My favorite foundation at the moment is Dior Hydra Life Tinted Moisturizer.
4. If I ever won the lottery, I’d use it to help people before buying myself anything.
5. The Hobbit (3) is my most anticipated movie of the year and the only movie I’ll go to the theater to watch.
6. Cheese is one of my longest and hardest addictions to kick.