I’ve comprised a list of some of my favorite makeup products. My “Holy Grail” of sorts. It’s not a huge list, since products come and go from my kit. However, these are the most reliable products that have earned their keep long term. If you’re interested, please continue reading.
I’m going to start this off with foundation. This is the make-or-break product for me. If you’ve read many of my blog posts, you’ll know just how strongly I feel about them. I’ve tried Chanel, Yves Saint Laurant, Georgio Armani – all big names with a big price tag. In my opinion, none compare to these little guys.
1. Loreal True Match come in a wide variety of shades, are great for oil/dry/combo skin, and photograph beautifully. They look great in person or on camera and have never let me down. I buy mine from Wal-Mart for around $6 – $7, which is the best price I’ve found in local drugstores.
2. I’m sure the next one is no surprise. The Almay Triple One Coat Effect Mascara has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. It’s a super black dry formula, which means it won’t transfer easily onto the eyelids or under eyes. It doesn’t clump and it doesn’t flake. The best part is, the wand has 3 sections. One to lengthen, one to volumize, and the last to separate.
3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors (liquid formula) are the best highlighters I’ve ever used. They’re thin, creamy, and so emollient that they mimic the appearance of skin like no other. The powders add a lot more drama, but still natural enough to wear day or night.
4. Ben Nye Luxury Powders, superb-ness in a cheap little bottle. These are basically translucent, but still take a little know-how in color theory to match with your skin tone. They look great in person and even better in photography. Oily skin? Fagitaboutit!
5. The Rimmel London Provocalips. Have we talked? These are in a league of their own. I’ve never used a lipstick that lasted through food and drinks as well as these. In fact, if you just left it on without removing with makeup remover, it would stay on for days. Not even kidding. The shade range is small right now (8 I think), but the ones out are beautiful, vibrant, and worth every penny.
6. Lastly, the Physician’s Formula Lash Booster Liquid Liner was recommended to me by a friend when they were first released several years ago. I’ve been a fan of them ever since. I have both Blackest Black and Brown in my kit for the perfect winged eyeliner looks. They aren’t a matte formula, which some people don’t like, but I think it adds options. Not everybody wants matte eyeliner. If you want your eyeliner matte I can easily add some black eyeshadow over it. This way, it suits everybody.
I hope you enjoyed this Holy Grail Makeup Products post! If you haven’t already (and would like to) please subscribe. Also, chat with me on Facebook if you have any beauty related questions you need answering. Thanks so much for stopping by today. See you soon. xo
1. I cleaned 2 houses today. One for some extra money and then came home and cleaned mine. It feels so great to have a clean house, but I’m tired. A total of about 8 hours and I’m unable to sleep tonight!
2. If you liked the TV show Breaking Bad, you will love “Better Call Saul.” It’s a series about Walter White’s lawyer and his journey to corruption. It’s so entertaining.
3. This weekend is Valentine’s Day! Do y’all have any plans? I’m going to take my daughters out to a restaurant and get some chocolate for them. My sweet Valentine girls!
4. It was 79 degrees here yesterday, which felt so great! Tomorrow it will be back in the 20’s due to a cold front coming through Louisiana. Can’t wait for Spring!