If you’ve see the Wet n’ Wild MegaGlo “Hello Halo” Liquid Highlighters (very long name) floating around your local drugstore lately and haven’t picked them up, you’re really missing out. I purchased a few of these on a whim while at CVS the other day and…WOW. Unbelievably impressed. There are 7 shades to choose from and for $5.99 a pop, they definitely don’t brake the bank.
❤ The Shades:
- Halographic – a iridescent lilac with blue/pink shift
- Halo Goodbye – a light pink with light silver undertones
- Guilded Glow – bronzy gold with a platinum flash
- Halo Gorgeous – champagne beige with silver flash
- Rosy and Ready – baby pink with rose gold flash
- Go with the Glow – a true bronze with gold undertones
- Goddess Glow – yellow gold with bronzy undertones
The collection is very inclusive. There is a shade in this range for every skin tone under the sun. Halographic, Rosy and Ready, and Halo Goodbye suit light to light medium skin tones. The remaining 4 shades would suit medium to dark skin tones.
The packaging is compact and something I haven’t seen many brands try. It comes in a small, glass vial with a large doe-foot applicator. It kinda reminded me of a small Tarte Shape Tape.
The first few times I tried these, I applied the applicator directly to my face. BIG REGRET! For some reason, the applicator makes the product go on streaky and very unflattering. I’ve found the most flattering way to apply this is to place a small amount on the back of your hand. Warm it up with your fingertips, and then press it into the skin. Talk about gorgeous!
The Wet n’ Wild Hello Halo Highlighters are comparable to my favorite high-end liquid highlighters; the uber-popular, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquids. Like the Becca liquids, the finish on the Wet n Wild is ultra-metallic, but when blended on the skin it sheers out to a very “wet-looking” sheen. There is no residue or micro-glitter particles. It’s just a healthy, dewy glow. It also doesn’t disrupt foundation products underneath, but will bunch up or move around powders, so be aware of that.
Overall, I am extremely impressed with these highlighters. They met every expectation – above and beyond and lasted great throughout the day. For the price, these are definitely worth a try. You won’t be disappointed.
❤ Follow my Social Media!
❤ Daily Nuggets:
- Well, it’s official. My oldest daughter graduated high school. She ranked #7 in her class and had a 4.0 GPA. So proud of her.
- For lunch, I ate an avocado sandwich with balsamic vinaigrette. It was delish!
- I recently started getting a gel manicure and since it’s grown out slightly I can’t help but pick at them! Nervous habit maybe? Anybody else have this issue with gel polish? I think I will go back to regular polish next time.