The Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eyeshadow Quads have been on my radar for quite some time. I see them every time I hit the drugstore, peak at the price, then move along to the next-best thing. So, while on Amazon the other day, there was a coupon for $1 off – $4.79 a piece and I jumped on it. There were 10 quads to choose from in total. #505 Decadent and #510 Precocious looked the most appealing. To see swatches and more, please keep reading. Continue reading “Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eyeshadow Review”
This is a summary of all of the products that I found to be the best and worst of 2014. Some are my all-time favorite, holy grail products – while others are products I dislike (or grew to dislike) within the year. Click the link for each product listed to be brought to the original review. Hope you find this list useful!
1. Evian Facial Spray – An absolute must-have for perfecting makeup application.
2. L.A. Colors Mood Lipgloss – A diamond in the rough product that provides a comfortable, pink sheen to the lips. Beats high-end products by a landslide.
4. Paula Dorf Blush in Passion – A unique shade in a unique finish. It’s not quite pink, coral, or mauve and not matte or shimmer. Gorgeous and works with many skin tones.
5. Makeup Geek Pigment in Liquid Gold – Very true to its name, the shade is perfection and guaranteed to attract a lot of attention. Use it wet for ultra glam!
6. Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette – One of the best palettes for the price, this baby is a beautiful dupe for the more expensive Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. Perfect for weddings, parties, prom, or everyday “pretty”, you won’t be disappointed.
7. Wet n’ Wild Lipstick in Bare it All – The perfect YLBB lipstick and a great nude color. The consistency, the price, the staying power – this product is a winner.
8. Love & Beauty Blushes – These are from Forever 21. Combined they are a great combination for a little glam or individually for a subtle glow.
9. Paula Dorf 2+1 for Brows – Another Paula Dorf product that has found a place in my pro kit. This is a reliable brow product that stays put all day.
10. Make Up For Ever Flash Palettes – The more expensive items on my favorites list, but totally worth the price. Pigmentation is bar none and will literally last a lifetime. Pro makeup artist should have this in their kits at all times!
11. Layla Nail Polish Ceramic Effects – A very long lasting nail polish in beautiful colors. This one is an Ox blood shade that I literally planned my outfit around. The color is just that gorgeous.
1. The Kiss Instawave Curler – This is one of the those products you will either love or hate. It takes a lot of getting used to and nearly impossible to use on yourself.
2. Milani Color Statement Lipsticks (The Reds) – All are nearly identical in color and finish. So if you’re a collector like I am, it’s quite a waste of money for the same product.
3. Lorac The Royals Collection – The pigmentation was lacking in most of these palettes and shades were similar in several. Not what I’ve come to expect from Lorac products.
4. Sweet & Shimmer Eyeshadow Quads – Although these are inexpensive, the quality is sub-par. Powdery, chalky, and down right ridiculous. This is definitely a gimmick, especially since they place it right next to the register.
5. Hourglass Ambient Blushes – I’m sure I’ll get hate mail on this one. I find these products to be an incredible waste of money. Pigmentation is lacking and build ability is impossible due to the “ambient powder” in it. It ends up looking dirty and caked. Total Miss!
6. NYC Liquid Eyeliner – Another drugstore bust for me. The tip is great but pigmentation and wear leaves much to be desired.
7. Skintactix Acne Skincare – Where to start? This one was a mess from start to finish. Packaging was laughable, and their idea of anti-acne ingredients misguided.
8. Illumask Anti-Aging/ Anti- Acne Mask – These started off positive but ended with a big Fail. I feel like these are expensive and break at any time during usage. The only positive is that I was able to return it to Ulta for a flu refund. That wraps up my Hits and Misses for 2014! I hope you enjoyed. Some of these “miss” products were provided by PR companies. I feel the need to be completely and totally honest in my reviews and posts at all times.
Thank you so much for being a part of my 2014. I could not have succeeded without you and all of your kind words of encouragement through emails and comments. 2015 will be even better with more reviews, better products, and hopefully growth beyond measure. Stay tuned for these and more on Uhapibeauty.com!