This review is a continuation of last nights post (click here to read) from the Holiday Collection, 76 piece Starry Lights set. Since this set is so big, I’ve got to break it up into sections to give a thorough review.
Ok, let’s take a look at the lipsticks.
You get 2 – Ulta Lipsticks total, both are approximately 2 inches long. Not quite full sized. The pigmentation in both of these are lacking and it took several swipes to get color payoff.
- The color on the left is Cappuccino.
- The right is Plum Crazy.
Both these lipsticks are very poor quality.
Next in the case you get 6 – Ulta Lipglosses total, approximately 2 inches in length. These are close to full sizes. I think these glosses are very beautiful and would look wonderful over your favorite lipstick. They are somewhat sheer and a bit sticky, which I loathe. Some people are ok with that but I wanted to throw that tid-bit in there.
From left to right they are:
- Whisper – A very soft pinky mauve. Glittery. ✔
- Starlet – A bright berry red. ✔
- Mischief – A slightly browny mauve. Glittery ✔
- Flirtini – Sheer Peach/Coral. Glittery but very healthy looking. ✔✔
- Toast – Runny tan. Do not like this formula! ✖
- Spice – My favorite of the bunch. This is beautiful rose gold. It has the best formula of them all. ✔✔✔
They all blend out into a slightly sheer, glitter finish. Except for Starlet which has no glitter.
Finally, you get 3 – Ulta Interchangeable Gloss/Lip Stain. These are set up in a compact that can be switched up and changed out with other eyeshadows from the palette. It also includes 4 blushers but we will explore those later.
From the left to the right:
- Raisin – A light mauvy pink. Slightly sticky but it has sheer pigmentation. ✔
- Chili Pepper – A gorgeous, deep fire engine red. Slightly sticky but very pigmented. ✔
- Sugar & Spice – Sort of a brick red with orange undertones. Sticky and has medium pigmentation. ✖
Overall, I would say this is a mixed bag. If you love glittery lipgloss, you get more than your money’s worth with this case. Not to mention all the other goodies that come along with it. The case itself is beautiful. For $16, so far I think it’s a steal.