Watching Valentine’s Day makeup tutorials is so much fun. I love getting inspired by beauty YouTubers and makeup artist during the season of love. In reality, however, I can count on one hand how many times I’ve actually executed complicated looks on myself. It’s not because I don’t have the products, or the time, but because I’m lazy and can’t be bothered spending 5 million hours doing my makeup. Anyone else? I’m going to show you (yes, in a video) an easy way to to look drop dead gorgeous for Valentine’s Day. Let’s get into it…
Valentine Makeup Tutorial for Everyday Women
The #1 most important step in this look is healthy, dewy skin. I know a lot of y’all are matte lovers – and you still can be – but instead of the primers that dry flat, let’s use an illuminating primer. It will give a lit-from-within brightness to your skin under your foundation, regardless of the finish. If you have large pores or texture you don’t want to draw attention to, simply avoid those areas. I’m trying out a new illuminating primer in the video, so check it out for a first impression.
I have deep, dark undereye circles. To conceal them, I use 2 different products. 1 conceals the color and the other uses light reflection to camouflage the depth. All products will be listed below.
For a flirty, romantic feel, I want my skin bursting with life, like a freshly bitten peach. For that I am using 2 blusher shades. A very light orange to give my skin some color, shimmer, and definition, then a subtle POP of pink – just to the apples of the cheeks.
For my eyes, I want to keep things very simple. 3 shades of shadow (light, medium, and dark) with a little bit of smudging at the lash line. Follow that up with lots of mascara and flirty, false lashes. A lot of people struggle with false lashes, including myself, so if you want to skip this step, just add plenty of mascara instead.
Brows (to me) are a deal breaker. If they’re not done right they will age you. Subscribe to my Youtube channel for an upcoming tutorial to help you get the perfect – for you – brows.
Finally, the lips. Absolutely the most important step. Whether you want dramatic or dainty, a hydrated pout is a must. Moisturize with a gentle lip balm, then add a long-lasting liquid lip over the top. Overdraw and dab the edges just a little for plumper looking lips.
For all the products used, check below including affiliate links to Amazon.
- Physician’s Formula Illuminating Primer http://amzn.to/2BLPQP2
- Maybelline Dewy & Smooth Foundation http://amzn.to/2siGlmt
- Estee Lauder Doublewear Concealer http://amzn.to/2Bg5GQB
- Clinique Airbrush Concealer http://amzn.to/2sfHgnI
- Tarte Park Ave. Princess Chisel Palette http://amzn.to/2C1odNx
- Milani Luminoso Blush http://amzn.to/2E8JDdk
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl http://amzn.to/2BhRYwX
- Koko Lashes – Risque http://amzn.to/2C2IiTG
- Loreal Lash Paradise http://amzn.to/2EsSYQI
- Maybelline Brow Precise in Dark Brown http://amzn.to/2nKOqvz
- Viseart Neutral Matte Palette http://amzn.to/2BLUlZZ
Thanks so much for reading! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime. Don’t forget to follow my social media for updates on all reviews, as well as mini reviews you won’t see here. Click the links: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Also subscribe to my Youtube here. See you soon!
Check out my last few reviews:
- ELF Shimmer Highlighting Powder Review
- Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Review
- 5 Best of the Best Photo Friendly Foundations
- Violet Voss #Hashtag Eye Shadow Palette Review
- Valentine’s Day has the cutest “seasonal” decor EVER, especially at TJ Maxx.
- Hot coffee makes me nauseous, but I can drink cold coffee all day.
- As much as I hate saying it right now, I am ready for hot weather.
- Today while in Walmart, I saw the most adorable Valentine’s stuffed animal…an octopus!