WOW! That was my first impression when I first swatched the Jouer Skinny Dip Ultra Foil Shimmer Shadow Palette. The holographic gold packaging comes with 7.5 grams of product. It is 6 beautiful shades for $40 and packs a HUGE amount of bling. This is holy grail material here! Let’s dive right into the full review.
Best Glitter Eyeshadow Palette?
Jouer (which means, to play, in French) is a relatively new brand to me, but I have become completely in love with their line of makeup. Their brand is 100% cruelty-free and made in the USA using high quality ingredients. If you read my article on makeup brands that test on animals you’ll soon realize they are few and far between.
The Jouer Skinny Dip Ultra Foil Shimmer Shadow Palette is made of sturdy, streamlined cardboard material and comes with a large mirror. The palette is great for travel and fits nicely in most makeup bags. Once inside there are 6 blinding shades.
- Starlight is a vivid platinum with a slight gold shift that looks like molten metal. Pigmentation is fantastic. The shadow is very soft and finely milled.
- Bikini is baby pink that swatches out more beige. It has a bit more “grit” to it than Starlight, but is smooth when applied to the skin. Pigmentation is great and would make a beautiful cheekbone highlight.
- Skinny Dip is a vivid gold and swatches true to color. This has a more glitter base than the other 2, but is so finely milled you can’t feel it. Pigmentation is great and also make a beautiful cheekbone highlight for medium to dark skin tones.
- Tan Lines is by far my favorite of the 6 shades. It is a rich, bronze that is sexy and sophisticated. Pigmentation and texture is unmatched. This shade is a total game-changer for any makeup look.
- Magic Hour is another favorite that is unique and sophisticated. The shade is a gun-metal grey with a slight pewter shift. The texture is soft and smooth. This is the perfect “date night” shade.
- Midnight Swim is a rich, deep brown with gold glitter flex. Pigmentation and texture is great, but there is a bit of glitter fall-down with this shade. A glitter glue is necessary for maximum impact.
Overall, I am extremely impressed with this palette. I love that the shadows don’t have the typical, gritty glitter texture, but still provide a lot of brightness to the eyes. Fall-out is minimal to non-existent if worn with a shadow primer or glitter glue. The shades are unique, inspiring, and accommodates all ages and skin tones. Is this the Best Glitter Eyeshadow Palette? I would have to say YES, without a doubt!