I held out for as long as I could. The Makeup Geek buzz has been around awhile and I tried to stay away but alas – I found 2 very special pigments that captured my heart. The shades are Liquid Gold and Utopia.
Pigments have 1.4 grams of product for $6.50 each on the Makeup Geek Website. The amount of product for the money is phenomenal.
Liquid Gold is quite a catch. It’s rich, creamy, extremely pigmented, and unique.
Compared to other pigments from high-end to low-end, there are no others that dupe in color or quality. MAC Old Gold is the closest pigment I could find, but quality MAC doesn’t hold a candle to MUG pigmentation. The color reminds me of a burnt golden green. More gold than green though with a deep, molten bronze undertone. Just one swipe is more than enough so this would last forever.
I do notice that Liquid Gold is quite messy. There is no sifter or guard to ensure no loss of product. Utopia on the other hand has a safeguard, which I wish would have been included with Liquid Gold. Such a great idea to put on a pigment.
You can easily fit your small shadow brush in without making a mess or for more product, tip the cap upside down with your fingers on the hole. Utopia’s consistency can be a little gritty, so watch for fall out if applied dry but wet this pigment is a liquid metallic stunner. Below is the swatch: Utopia on the left and Liquid Gold on the right.
I’ll be posting some holiday eyeshadow looks with these pigments soon, so stay tuned for those! I would highly recommend these pigments if you’re looking for something new and different, high in quality, but not a lot of money.
Thanks so much for checking out my Makeup Geek Pigment Review. If you haven’t already, please subscribe. It’s fast, easy, and might give you some cool makeup ideas.
1. Would you be interested in reading a post about products I regret buying? I have several to share.
2. The Walmart Savings Catcher (via the receipt scanner) has saved us over $12 so far.
3. I will be doing the makeup for Fashion Week 2015 in February! I will be posting pics and trends.
4. My daughter broke her wrist on Thanksgiving Day playing with her cousins. She asked me to post this picture that she drew.
5. L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints are on the way to my doorstep. They are supposed to be dupes for OCC Lip Tars but at a fraction of the price!
6. More Makeup Geek Pigment Review to come! Stay tuned for beautiful holiday looks.